Old 14-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default wheelbarrow

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

Whilst pulling is more mechanically efficient, by Pushing you are able to
observe the load/child and can react much faster.
With a barrow if it had 2 wheels then pulling may be a better option.

I sometimes tow my curent one-wheel barrow. I used to have a
two-wheeler which was more use for towing behind me than for pushing in
front..useless awkward thing..don't miss it.

Surely the ideal is a "Hover" barrow so you have no weight to struggle with.

Friends of ours have a very ancient (pre-war?) engine-powered barrow
in perfect working order and frequent use by their gardener; the
operator rides on footplates iirc. Can't remember the make.

Janet.