Old 14-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Ophelia

Default electric heating in greenhouse cheapest to run?

please explain what is a 'digital plug in stat'?

Ophelia

"SH" wrote in message
Don't know about cheapest but the most efficient is a fan heater plus if

you
have a good one you can use the fan only to help cool the greenhouse in

the
summer.
Don't rely on the internal thermostat - my experience is that they can

vary
by up to 10 degrees which is harmful to the plants & uneconomical.
I have found that by using a digital plug in stat that the temp range can

be
reduced quite dramatically giving a variation of only 1 degree.

Steve
"kenty ;-)" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi all,What have you found the cheapest method of electric heating for

the
greenhouse tube heaters,fan heaters etc.

--
Thanks Keith,UK.