Old 15-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Anonny Moose

Default Eat, sleep, poop...

Congratulations! Ducks are pretty darn sloppy but cuter than all get out.
They eat a fair share of the bugs and spiders and slugs and fertilize the
area, to boot. How can you beat that?? Did you get them sexed or will it be
a surprise?

Karen

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
...that's all baby ducks do. That, and they spend inordinate amounts
of time being cute as can be.

I got 4 White Pekin ducklings yesterday. They're in a big box in the
kitchen, and in 24 hours, they basically saturated their bedding with
dribbled water (from their feeder) and duck poop. The upside is that
they're generating lots of "organic material" for my compost bin.

We built an enclosed pen off the side of the garden shed for them once
the weather warms a bit and they're big enough to stay outside.
Eventually, I'm going to enclose the garden and let the little rascals
gorge to their hearts content on June bugs and slugs.

Just thought I'd share.

Mark