Old 15-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default You're invited to my new Yahoo Group, "Fragrant Miniature Roses"

Kirra wrote:

Actually Susan, Yahoo groups do not have to be used as mailing lists. When
you sign up to a group you can select to only read the messages online
rather than have the emails sent to you. I do this with a couple of Yahoo
groups and it allows me to read/contribute as much or as little I like as
time allows. In fact, I don't think you even have to be a member of this
particular group to read the posts.

I know. I own and manage several as part of my job here at the
university. Personally, I don't like the way Yahoo handles mail on
their website so I always think of it as a list serve not as a
quasi-newsgroup. It's just personal preferences. Besides, I have a
hard enough time getting to the newsgroups I want to read (here,
triangle.gardens, triangle.dining and rec.ponds) without adding any more.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu