Old 15-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Reka

Default More arrests....

"theoneflasehaddock" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message

.net...
I'm no orchid vendor, just a small time orchid grower, so I don't really
know which entry points in the USA are tighter on plant inspection. I

can
however tell you that when I brought my orchids from Hawai'i to the
mainland, and informed the authorities (both when leaving Hawai'i as

well as
when I got to NY) that I am bringing orchids with me, they didn't even

want
to look in the boxes, in fact, they asked for no paperwork at all. Now,

didn't bring anything that "shouldn't" be in my collection, but I found

it
very odd that they could care less about what was inside of the

boxes....

CITES deals with international trade, and Hawaii is part of the US.
You can send plants to and from Hawaii just like any other state.
-

Yes, but don't they still need Phyto when traveling into Hawaii? They don't
need any coming from there though, do they?
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---