Old 15-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] bonsai near Atlanta

Hi all,

I'll be in Atlanta the first week in April and was wondering if

anyone
knew of some good bonsai sources I might visit while there.

(I'd be
looking to purchase a bonsai or pre-bonsai) I'm planning on

going by
the Monastary although I don't know if they have much by way of
plants.

The Monastery has trees. Last couple of times I was there, they
weren't very well maintained -- bugs, dead branches, etc. -- but
maybe they were between caretakers????

The Monastery is best known for pots.

Plant City Bonsai is in Clermont, Ga. I've never been there, but
they advertise as being "only 1 hour north of Atlanta."
www.plantcitybonsai.com - 770-983-3377 Open Wednesday -
Saturday

5607 Cleveland Highway

It will take you an hour to get to the Monastery from Atlanta,
too. In the OPPOSITE direction. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++