Old 15-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Tyler Hopper

Default Live Oak Losing Leaves

"Wayne Dyer" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:19:52 +0000, Catbird wrote:

"Wayne Dyer" wrote in message
Just recently, I've noticed the live oaks in our back yard losing leaves.
You can stand there and watch and hear them falling.

It's "Fall" here in Central Texas. It's simply the time of year when the
live oaks shed most of their leaves for the newer ones. It's normal.

Yeah, it just seemed quicker than usual, and a bit more pronounced than
the other trees in the area. Of course it could just be that I've
been working so much lately I haven't had time to notice. :-)

Looking at the branches that are closest-in, they do look like they're
sprouting new growth in places.

-W-

The difference in the drop rate for different trees amazes me. In our
neighborhood there is a wide variation. Some trees have dropped all leaves and
some are just in the middle stages.

Tyler