Old 15-03-2004, 11:47 PM

Default Organic Method of killing weeds

I've been using corn meal gluten for 3 years now (although it's a little late
now) as a preemergent. It works better the longer you use it, and our front
yard is now essentially weed-free. Our back doesn't get as much coverage,
and still has a bit of a dandelion problem.
For post-emergent, I use vinegar, with mixed success. You can paint it on
or spray it on.

-parc

Noman wrote:
I have a huge back year most of which is planted with bermuda. Unfortunately
the dollar weed, broadleafs, and dandelions have moved in. Is there an
organic option to killing these weeds? I am especially concerned about the
dandelions which practically took over last year. I don't want to use Weed
and Feed. Please do not recommend pulling them by hand, there's not that
much time left in the universe:-)

I did find an organic pre-emerge which I used around Christmas and that
helped eliminate many weeds. However my home is adjacent to a large field
and I think weed seeds just blow in over the fence.

--
"This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright # 154085, for a
period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin' it without our permission,