Old 15-03-2004, 11:48 PM

Default Stake or cage tomatoes?

In article k.net, Daniel B. Martin wrote:
... concrete reinforcing wire with the 6x6 openings ...

Having tried various methods over the years, I've found the concrete
reinforcing wire works best for me.

Daniel B. Martin

I will second Daniel's recommendation. I generally make 2 foot cages.
That takes 7 feet of wire per cage. The wire is TOUGH. You need heavy
duty pliers. I actually use a bolt cutter for cutting and Channel locks
for bending it to connect them. You can expect to get 5-10 years use
from a cage. The wire is rusty / dusty when you first get it but after
being out doors for awhile it kind of solidifies and is not as much of a
mess. Wear old clothes and heavy duty gloves. I think a 50 foot roll
is about $25. Get a bigger roll and you get a better price per foot.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.