Old 16-03-2004, 04:28 AM
Shelley

Default Zone 4/5 full sun hanging plants?

Hi there. I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (on the border of zones 4 and 5) and I
need some suggestions. My house has a detatched garage and between the
house and the garage is this trellis of sorts that goes from the roof/gutter
of the house to the flat roof of the garage. Last year I thought it would
look nice to hang plants from the trellis thing. I received a fuschia as a
housewarming gift and hung it there. I watered it probably 2 times a day
and it still got cooked and I had to throw it out. What would you suggest
that I put there? It's a place that gets only sun. I will be good about
watering it, if that's what it requries, but I just need some suggestions.
It doesn't have to be as flowery as the fuschia. I would also rather it
didn't drop flowers as rapidly as the fuschia did towards the end of the
summer. I'd just like a little bit of decoration.

Thanks for your ideas.

Shelley