Old 16-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Alan Gould

Default Pesticide time is nearly upon us. Which ones will you be using?

In article , Pearson Reid
writes
may I seek information from you on
environmentally friendly alternatives which you have used to control
pests.

In this area, beekeepers are forewarned of aerial crop spraying where
any substances which may harm bees are to be used. I understand that a
similar arrangement can be introduced in any area where beekeepers
request it, though I don't know how such a request is made.

I am a life-long organic gardener. I don't use commercially manufactured
pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, fertilisers or other environmentally
unfriendly chemicals.

I also happen to be allergic to bee and other insect stings. As they
rarely bother me (2 stings in 25 years), I prefer their contribution to
my gardening to any which poisonous substances could make.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.