Old 16-03-2004, 04:42 AM
Ray Drouillard

Default Cilantro

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
"Ray Drouillard" wrote:

My usual problem is to keep it from going to seed. Once it starts to
bolt, there isn't much you can do about it. Also, once it starts to
bolt, the flavor gets stronger and the stems get tougher.

Since I don't care for the leaves AT ALL, I would want it to bolt
quicker. Let it bake in the sun if that's gonna get the seeds coming.
My problem is I have no clue what we're talking about. Never grown
before, so one seed could be the size of a pumpkin seed or microscopic
petunia seeds. It could have a habit like dill with dozens of seeds
per floret and a dozen florets per plant. I will squeeze in what I
can--yes I am limited by land and what I'm willing to maintain. Have
to check on the growth habit--don't know what spacing they prefer.

You can buy the whole seeds in some spice markets, or you can buy a
package of seeds. Either way, you'll be able to get a good look at what
you'll be harvesting in a couple months.

The seeds look like little grayish-brown balls perhaps 3 mm in diameter.

Ray