Old 16-03-2004, 05:12 AM
Bob Walsh

Default Disaster

I tried the electronic gizmo. It did not work.

Bob

"wendy7" wrote in message
Yikes!!!!! What a shame Mariana, I would have cried.
I wonder if those electric gizmos work, you plug them in & they put
out a high frequency noise & the rodents or critters leave?
Hope you get those little sh one t's sorted out!
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

GrlIntrpted wrote:
[Deep breath....].... I woke up this morning to a major, MAJOR
disaster. You see, I grow orchids on window sills, almost every
window in the house is serving
as a home to orchids. At night, it takes me about an hour to move the
orchids
from the sills to their night spots [we close the shades for the
night]. The ones in my bedroom [Southern exposure] go under our bed
[Our bed is 4 feet
off the floor]. Some go on the external staircase [It leads to the
basement from the side of the house; it goes down to the high 50'F's
at night]. In the
morning, I wake up an hour earlier so that I can place the orchids
back on to
the sills.

This morning, to my complete horror, I noticed rodent bite marks on
two new growths of a Laelia milleri. Laelia lobata took a severe hit
as well, Catt maxima which I just received from a friend suffered
too. The bulbo's
took a big hit, on those they ate through the bulbs. I've already
contacted an exterminator he is going to show up tonight. Meanwhile,
I feel awful, I can
not believe that this could happen, just like that, never ever
thought that mice
go for orchids.....isn't vanilla the only edible orchid?

The very bummed,
Mariana