Old 16-03-2004, 05:42 AM
gregpresley

Default Zone 4/5 full sun hanging plants?

How about ivy leafed geraniums, if geraniums do well in your climate? They
like sun, trail nicely, have pretty flowers. You could also grow old
fashioned trailing nasturtiums, again, if they do well in your climate. Or,
from the bottom up, you could grow scarlet runner beans in pots (if you have
no soil at the base of the trellis) and let them scamper up the trellis over
the course of the summer. Or all of the above
"Shelley" wrote in message
Hi there. I'm in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (on the border of zones 4 and 5) and

need some suggestions. My house has a detatched garage and between the
house and the garage is this trellis of sorts that goes from the

roof/gutter
of the house to the flat roof of the garage. Last year I thought it would
look nice to hang plants from the trellis thing. I received a fuschia as

housewarming gift and hung it there. I watered it probably 2 times a day
and it still got cooked and I had to throw it out. What would you suggest
that I put there? It's a place that gets only sun. I will be good about
watering it, if that's what it requries, but I just need some suggestions.
It doesn't have to be as flowery as the fuschia. I would also rather it
didn't drop flowers as rapidly as the fuschia did towards the end of the
summer. I'd just like a little bit of decoration.

Thanks for your ideas.

Shelley