Old 16-03-2004, 06:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Shop Vac for cleaning pond?

I am thinking about buying a small Shop Vac to help clean my pond.

Get at least a 12 gallon unit, any vac that would blow the water out, is
gonna cost ya and probably not pick up the big stuff you want to use a vac
for anyway. Though a shop vac will fill up in 15-30 seconds, you'll be
surprised how much stuff you can suck out of the pond in that little of
time.

Also, what is the best product to clean green water? I have been using
AlgaeFix from Pond Care and it seems to be clearing it a little, but it is
still very green.

Algaefix is an Algaecide, poison. Your algae is filtering your water, kill
it and it drops all those nutrients right back into the water column to
feed the next generation of algae. As others have said, you simply need
more of the higher plant forms, or artificial shades helps too. Then there
is the UV crowd that will probably chime in about now. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a