Old 16-03-2004, 01:32 PM
escapee

Default Brugmansia aka Angel Trumpets

On 15 Mar 2004 17:10:49 GMT, (Bill Spohn) opined:

The flowers average about 10 inches long and about 8 to 12 inches across.
Very fragrant, and impressive! I'd love to see more of them around.

I discovered by experiment that I could leave Brugmansia in the ground all year
(Vancouver BC, Zone 8b-9 depending on winter) - the only catch was that it
would kill back to the ground, and then appear again around July - and wouldn't
really have time to get to full size and bloom before Fall - better to haul it
inside for the winter.

The only thing I worry about is the meter reader seeing my basement room full
of hibernating Brugs and reporting me for running a grow op......

If he reported you, far as I know, growing nightshades is not against the law.