Old 16-03-2004, 10:00 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Disaster

The exterminator was here, and he set up bait "stations". They also dusted
the plumbing pipes. The exterminator warned us about the extra activity
that we might see after the treatment. To protect the plants he suggested
to outsmart the rodents by moving them to high areas or different areas from
where their normal spot is. I've done just that, and indeed the plants went
unharmed (though I did cover the orchids with a thin material too!).

Hopefully this will settle and the mice will be gone!

Mariana

"Bob Walsh" wrote in message
I got to thinking (rare for me some would say) last night about your pest
control service. If what they did was to place bait or poison for the mice
rather than traps you may have serious problems for a few more days. Many

of
the chemicals that are used for mice cause internal bleeding that greatly
increases their thirst. If nothing else is around for quenching their

thirst
some nice juicy young shoots from some orchids will suffice.
I don't have a solution other than to suggest maybe setting some jar lids
full of water along the walls for them to drink. The poison will still get
them if they take the bait.

Bob

"Geir Harris Hedemark" wrote in message
"GrlIntrpted" writes:
not believe that this could happen, just like that, never ever
thought that mice go for orchids.....isn't vanilla the only edible
orchid?

You can only hope.

Geir