Old 16-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] IBC FAQ - volunteers sought!!!!

Maybe, if there is more detail on some topic among the
articles,
a direct link from the end of the FAQ mention to the

article????

Yes, that is also a good idea that I've tried to implement

where I could,
but sometimes the articles came in after the FAQ and I haven't

had time (or
thought) to go back to edit the FAQ. Will do :-)

Thanks for the feedback, with suggestions like this one and

Alan's, it makes
for a better site :-)

Now, I would like to see a few volunteers for more in-depth
articles in the "knowledgebase" (Is there a less "computerish"
term for it? ;-).

I'd like to see an illustrated article on wiring. The basics
only. It's practice, not an article, that makes perfect.

I'd like to see a REALISTIC article on transplanting, again with
a few pics. Most of us can't do with cutting the roots as close
as shown in all those Bonsai Today transplanting articles.
"Transplanting for REAL People" might be a good topic.

We need a pictorial on bonsai styles. Maybe, if you have what
you think is a good example of some style of bonsai you could
send Nic a pic and he could come up with a collection that could
illustrate the various bonsai styles with 2-3 pictures of each.
;-) With credit, of course.

Ditto bonsai size classifications. With something to show scale.
;-)

So, this is your club. Volunteer, someone. I have a few
articles in there. So does Nic. So does Carl. There's the
Collecting by committee article. ;-) We need more variety.

(But . . . We DON'T need someone to parrot something out of a
book. )-: } And you MUST own or have permission to use the
pics you submit.)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++