Old 17-03-2004, 02:30 AM
Grandpa

Default Eat, sleep, poop...

As a youngster I had 2 Muscovy ducks that thrived on slugs (I grew up
outside Seattle). One time the neighbor kid and I had a contest to see
how many thy could eat. We stopped at 101 between them. Poor things
could hardly swallow water but they wanted back in the garden for slugs.
After that they had much shorter trips. Not only do they rid your
garden of slugs but they fertilize at the same time. Oh, and did I
mention they fertilizeG? They never once touched a flower or veggie,
just slugs, with a voratious appetite. BTW, they fertilized at the same
timeG, then fertilized a bit more, for several days............

Philippe Gravelle wrote:
I like the idea of duck eating slugs and other insect,but won't
they eat the vegetable and flowers??? I allways wanted to get some
muscovy but,I was afraid my garden would be devastated.
Philippe