Old 17-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Harry Muscle

Default Eradicating BBA

"Chris_S" wrote in message
Update: AZOO Brush Algae Killer

For those of you like me that are interested in the "Kill all BBA"

approach,
and live in the USA, I'm afraid we are stuck with Chlorox or Copper as the
only methods. Looks like our wonderful Green terrorists, EPA, and DEQ are
trying to put the aquarium business out of business too.

I just got done talking with the AZOO importer Aquatic-ECO Systems for the
USA. They cannot bring this stuff in because of the "product title".

They
say having "ALGAE" and "KILLER" in the same sentence brings the EPA down

on
them like a ton of bricks. They told me it is becoming very difficult and
expensive to bring anything like this into the USA anymore. They have to
pay huge taxes, fees, and attorneys to do it.

I think I will talk to some of my friends in Asia have them buy some

locally
and send it to me.

Hey, in a few more years they will probably outlaw all bug spray and
weed-be-gone here in the states. I guess we will just have to
"mechanically" remove all pests and weeds everywhere.

Chris.

Check with these guys:
http://www.adelaideaquariums.com.au/...reatments.html . They used to
have the product you want listed, can't find it right now, but they might
still carry it. Send them an e-mail maybe. According to the web address,
they're located in Australia, which means they probably wouldn't have a
problem sending the stuff to the US. Anyway, just a thought.

Harry