Old 17-03-2004, 04:12 AM
Rick

Default Eradicating BBA

"Chris_S" wrote in message
Check with these guys:
http://www.adelaideaquariums.com.au/...reatments.html . They

used
have the product you want listed, can't find it right now, but they

might
still carry it. Send them an e-mail maybe. According to the web

address,
they're located in Australia, which means they probably wouldn't have a
problem sending the stuff to the US. Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks, yeh I saw that site as well had it. Another in Spain, Mexico, and

couple others as I recall in Taiwan. I may try them.

Chris.

hey Chris, bleach away man, bleach away. I feel your frustration and have
been there myself. Get rid of it and reestablish the tank and monitor it
closely for a return of BBA. I had it in a 20g planted tank and finally gave
up trying to control it. I had Molly's, SAE's, Otto's, Pleco's and nothing
would touch it even though some sites suggested they would eat the new
shoots I found that to be B.S. They didn't eat any of it. I bleached
everything, rocks, gravel, tank, filter, everything. You leave one spore
alive and it will come back. I bleached all the plants in a 20-1 solution
and most survived. The stuff has never come back, touch wood.. There is a
peroxide article you can peruse that you may want to consider but man for me
it was bleach.
http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com..._peroxide.html

Rick