Old 17-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Tim Challenger

Default rabbits droppings

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:57:24 +0000, Victoria Clare wrote:

Tim Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote in
s.com:

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:51:03 GMT, Phil & Diane Martin wrote:

My daughter has just a rabbit. I am looking at all the straw we are
throwing out mixed with droppings, does anyone know if we can compost
this?

It's like mini-horse manure. Grass already half rotted. Great.

Not if you are cleaning out your rabbits reasonably regularly! Straw is
tough stuff, is not particularly absorbent, and you usually end up with a
lot more straw than dropping.

It does take time to break down in the compost heap, believe me.

I meant the droppings. I wasn't very clear, was I?

--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.