Old 17-03-2004, 06:45 AM
Chris_S

Default Eradicating BBA

Hi Rick:

Ditto. Glad you can appreciate my position. I am also very grateful for
your feedback. It sounds like bleach is by far the most effective way to
deal with BBA. It has real results. That is the conclusion I have come to
as well.

I agree with everything you say. And that is why I think it is best to
bleach the whole tank in place, after removing the fish of course. That way
I kill the spores in the entire system: gravel, filters, pumbling,
everywhere all in one shot.

I have a question for you. What is your feeling about the reinfestation
potential from moving the fish into another clean water temp tank, and then
moving them back in? Do you feel that is enough to dillute down the BBA
spores from the clean water that minimal will be transported back in when I
return them? Anything else I can do here to help with the fish move?

I just want to make sure that after all this tank filling and draining the
BBA is truely gone. Like you say, I want every BBA spore dead or out of the
system.

When you say it never came back, that is really GREAT news. That's the
result I am hoping for.

Thanks, Chris.