Old 17-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Frogleg

Default Best position for a vegetable patch

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:28:02 GMT, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

The message
from Frogleg contains these words:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:33:42 +0100, "Jo Hall"
wrote:

As I mentioned in my reply to Jon, the nice south facing part of our garden
is very open to the wind. I am not really sure what damages plants mo
lack of sun or lots of wind!

Definitely lack of sun. Nearly all veg and herbs require "full sun"
which means at least 6 hrs/day of direct sunlight.

LOL. Have you visited the northern half of the UK, Frogleg? :-)

No. Just London. However, because it's darker there in winter,
there'll be *more* sun in summer, no? I do stand by my advice -- the
more sun, the better.