Old 17-03-2004, 07:47 PM
zxcvbob

Default THANKS - AND THANKS FOR NOTHING

madgardener wrote:

"chaz" wrote in message

It isnt FREE if you demand some sort of payment............and it looks

like

you do. Expectation breeds resentment.

chaz-

you seem to forget that it's not a demand of payment to ask for a simple
"thank you". that's common decency. That's like offering someone half your
sandwich and they take it, eat it and walk away. Helen isn't asking for any
payment. she's asking for THANKS and confirmation that they RECEIVED their
seeds! geeze. I know you were raised better than to think this!
sigh.........
madgardener who appreciates any seed, root, tuber, bulb or division from
anyone who sends them to her---------------

Lest anyone get the idea from my previous message, I don't really blame
Helen for getting upset; I remember how ****ed I was when I exchanged
some aquatic plants with someone on rec.aquaria.frshwater.plants and
they stiffed me. I picked out my very best extra java ferns and wrapped
them carefully and sent them priority mail. I don't remember what kind
of plants I was supposed to get in return, but I never heard back from
the guy. I sent him an email to see if they had arrived OK, and he said
they were great. And he never sent me anything. I sent a reminder
email a few weeks later and he never replied. I was only out a couple
of dollars for the postage, but I *really* felt hurt and angry about
being taken advantage of.

Maybe he sent them and they got lost in the mail. I tend to believe
that a certain [large] percentage people are just assholes, and I don't
do exchanges anymore unless I'm OK with getting nothing back.

Best regards,
Bob