Old 18-03-2004, 04:39 AM
Janice

Default Any other bamboo fans here?

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:12:00 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

I have planted 5 varieties of bamboo on my property with numbers 6 and 7 started
this year. The shoots of some varieities are edible and the plant itself is very
practical. Also, a grove of bamboo makes a good privacy screen and a nice sound
when the wind blows through.
I was wondering if there are any other fans of bamboo here.

I have always wanted some, but it's cold in winter and dry in summer,
and so most would be marginally hardy at best .. at least of the kinds
I want. I also couldn't have the runner sort since I'd have to hire
someone to ride herd on it.

try rec.gardens.bamboo

Janice