Old 18-03-2004, 06:42 AM
griffon

Default So what all are people planting this spring?

2 x Mt Airy Fothergilla
Several Hyacinths
Lonicera Dropmore Scarlet (red honeysuckle)
Oxydendrum arboreum (Sourwood tree)

I bought all of that today and I am going to pick up a corkscrew
willow and dawn redwood tomorrow, along with a few odds and ends. I
am planting vines along my chain link fence on the areas that does not
border my roundup using neighbors and I am going to get another
clematis or two, a goldflame honeysuckle and maybe some Star Showers
virginia creeper... not sure about that one, it is very expensive and
probably not superior to "variegata" which is still offered online
much cheaper. Assuming it is at all different. Was looking at some
small evergreen shrubs, mostly expensive but unique enough to stand
out if i plant them near the sidewalk in front maybe with some small
boulders in the area.

I bought a bunch of stuff from Bulbmeister and a few other places,
that stuff is not here yet but I will be planting it later this
spring, so I guess it kinda counts.

I am terracing two hillsides and moving lots of buddleia and althea,
probably going to buy some more butterfly bushes as I get the
terracing of the larger hill finished. I want to get 'bicolor'
buddleia lindleyana, and buddleia alternifolia (if I can find one for
a reasonable price online, nobody here has it and places like park
want fifteen bucks or something for a tiny one).

The terraces will probably end up with a bunch of creeping phlox as
well.