Old 18-03-2004, 09:35 AM
escapee

Default Plant suggestion anyone?

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:12:53 -0600, dt opined:

escapee wrote:

Nandina domestica is on the "Do Not
Plant" lists put out by A&M.

"escapee" wrote:
Nandina should be against the law in Texas. They are on the DO NOT PLANT
list, put out by the Grow Green Program in Austin.

Well, where can I find a copy of this list? I've checked TAMU and
http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/growgreen/ ; no luck so far.

I'm stickin' with mostly but not entirely natives, and would rather not
plant something that could become invasive.

DT

The list in the brochure which is free.

Here is a list of garden centers which have the brochure, but you can click on
the plants menu to the left of the screen and it will bring up many, many
acceptable plants. You can use Nandina, just not N.domestica. The dwarf forms
are okay and do well here. 'Nana' is a variety of one particular nandina which
is nice for this climate and soil type.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/growgreen/nurseries.htm