Old 18-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Shaival Gupta

Default Preparing for Sod

thanks for all your help. I am off to buy some Roundup.

"Paul" wrote in message ...
"Shaival Gupta" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I just moved in my new home and my back yard has no sod. I am however
blessed my mother nature with bountiful weeds. I was preparing to lay
down some top soil and emerald zoysia. Is there a simple way to get
rid of the weeds in my backyard before I lay down the dirt and sod. I
have read about Roundup and was wondering if it may affect the sod I
will lay down. What are the alternatives ? I have an established small
oak tree in the back yard and have plated a new chinese pistachio.
How much time should I allow to pass after the weed killer application
to lay down the sod ?

Thanks
Shaival

Roundup worked for me, I bought the concentrate and diluted it in a pump up
sprayer. I sprayed every thing and killed all the weeds and the little
grass I had. The next weekend I sodded St. Augustine, and had a beautiful
lawn for summer.