Old 18-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Mr. Chaos 007

Default Preparing for Sod

I would have tilled the soil about 3 to 4 inches deep and not bothered
with the roundup and added some compost or other good organic
fertilizer. Lots more work now, lot less later. Uses less water too as
the roots would dig deeper and not be so drought tolerant.

dave

Shaival Gupta wrote:

Hi,

I just moved in my new home and my back yard has no sod. I am however
blessed my mother nature with bountiful weeds. I was preparing to lay
down some top soil and emerald zoysia. Is there a simple way to get
rid of the weeds in my backyard before I lay down the dirt and sod. I
have read about Roundup and was wondering if it may affect the sod I
will lay down. What are the alternatives ? I have an established small
oak tree in the back yard and have plated a new chinese pistachio.
How much time should I allow to pass after the weed killer application
to lay down the sod ?

Thanks
Shaival