Old 18-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Alex R

Default Eradicating BBA

"Chris_S" wrote in message news:OpU5c.59066
It doesn't seem like you've really tried focusing on plant health/growth

before.

Really. Well I don't seem to have much problem growing plants.
Just can't stop the BBA from growing along with it.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you've really understood what I've been saying
all along. You can grow plants very well with less than optimal conditions.
In my algae days, I've had great plant growth, but the algae was still
overwhelming to say the least. It wasn't until I started to provide
*everything* my plants needed that I got my break with algae. If there's
anything I learned, it's that the more you fight algae, the more
"aggressive" it becomes. That's why "water control" methods don't work if
the only goal you have in mind is stopping algae.

But judging from your other posts in this thread, you're not really
interested in getting specific help. You're just seeking approval for your
bleaching method. I highly doubt that your tank has some algae species
that's non-existent in almost every other algae-free tank. There is no quick
cure for algae, IMO.
__
Alex R