Old 18-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Alex R

Default Eradicating BBA

"Chris_S" wrote in message
against the wall wasting my time. If you have weeds in your lawn, do you
think you can get rid of them by controlling how much grass fertilizer you
put on? No, you spray them and kill them.

I'm pretty sure spraying is not the proper way to take care of weeds. I
believe it's saturating your lawn with desired grass by properly feeding it,
etc., so that weeds don't have any space to grow. Very similar principle to
planted tanks regarding plants/algae.

When your fish get sick do you
give them medicine?

No. The proper way is to correct the stressful conditions in your aquarium.
If they weren't stressful in the first place, your fish wouldn't get sick.
Again, similarity to plants/algae.

If they get parasites do you kill them with chemicals?

Parasites shouldn't be there in the first place. They can't be compared to
algae because algae is a natural part of any aquarium ecosystem.

What's the difference?

The difference is taking the newbie approach or taking the more experienced
approch.
__
Alex
pcalex (at) hotpop.com