Old 18-03-2004, 11:57 AM
madgardener

Default THANKS - AND THANKS FOR NOTHING

no harm no foul Bob. I knew you were a good guy, but if youse looks at your
reply it almost looks like your chastising Helen for wanting a thank you.
Yer ok in my book! (I've had the same thing with a few sharings of my own
divisions and let it go.........)
maddie
"zxcvbob" wrote in message Lest anyone get the idea
from my previous message, I don't really blame
Helen for getting upset; I remember how ****ed I was when I exchanged
some aquatic plants with someone on rec.aquaria.frshwater.plants and
they stiffed me. I picked out my very best extra java ferns and wrapped
them carefully and sent them priority mail. I don't remember what kind
of plants I was supposed to get in return, but I never heard back from
the guy. I sent him an email to see if they had arrived OK, and he said
they were great. And he never sent me anything. I sent a reminder
email a few weeks later and he never replied. I was only out a couple
of dollars for the postage, but I *really* felt hurt and angry about
being taken advantage of.

Maybe he sent them and they got lost in the mail. I tend to believe
that a certain [large] percentage people are just assholes, and I don't
do exchanges anymore unless I'm OK with getting nothing back.

Best regards,
Bob