Old 18-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Salty Thumb

Default push reel mower shopping

Janice wrote in
:

I mowed the yard when I was 14 or so with a push mower, I even managed
to mow overgrown areas, but it required pushing the mower into the
jungle repeatedly until it ate through it all. If I was in any kind
of shape to mow at all now, I'd prefer a push mower just because it's
quiet. I have a self propelled gas mower because I figured if I was
ever to get anyone to mow here, it would require that I own a mower.
I need to get someone to try to start it though. Same with a gas
weedwhacker. Push mower would be nice though! I saw some for around
$98 but doubt they're as wide as the one mentioned waaaay up above ;-)

Janice

Hi Janice,

Have you seen this?

http://www.peoplepoweredmachines.com/brill_accu.htm

It's not self propelled, but it only weighs 35 lbs, and at $300, it's in
the ball park of some gasoline mowers. Ad says it cuts St. Augustine and
Zoysia, too. I guess it's one of the German engineered ones that others
have raved about.

I have a 2-3 year old Toro electric weedwhacker. It's not too bad for
edging a lawn. String diameter is only .050", so it can't really compare
to big gas trimmer as far as whacking stuff. The battery is heavy and the
shaft is kind of short for me, but I still like it. The newer model seems
even shorter, but weighs less.