Old 18-03-2004, 01:15 PM
jane

Default Council closing allotments

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:19:53 +0000, The Reid
wrote:

~I just heard my council as decided to close down most of its
~allotments, including mine. Any comments on opposing this
~welcome.

It would be helpful if you told us which council...

http://www.nsalg.org.uk/ are the people you need to contact ASAP.

I don't believe they *can* just close them - they have to provide
other sites of equivalent quality somewhere else.

Write to gardening magazines and Watchdog. Amateur Gardening in
particular have in this week's issue a review reminding readers of
their successful allotments campaign of a few years ago. Might be
worth dropping them a line.

good luck.

--
jane