Old 18-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Jan

Default Pesticide time is nearly upon us. Which ones will you be using?

Awful to hear about the demise of lovely bees this way. We have about
half an acre where we grow vegetables and have about 15 fruit trees etc.
The only things we use are seaweed solution and comfrey tea for
nutrients and some pests don't like the smell (neither do I but...).
I did experiment with rhubarb tea but heard that was now illegal.
Companion planting seems to work - lots of garlic, nasturtiums and
marigolds. We look after the frogs/toads, hedgehogs, birds & nice
insects and they seem to keep nasty things at bay - plus a few slug
traps using yeast.
All this in London!
Wood lice are my only bete noire at the moment - so any help there would
be appreciated.
Good luck with the bees.
--
Jan