Old 18-03-2004, 01:22 PM
nambucca

Default Strawberry question

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
news
"Gary Poston" wrote in message
Hi Everyone
On digging my allotment today and general tidying up, I noticed that

some
of
my strawberry leaves have become old and brown, what I would like to

know
is, Do I cut off all the old leaves so this would encourage new growth?

Thanks in advance

Gary

It won't make a lot of immediate difference to the plant but if you can be
bothered to cut them off, it will help with prevention of pests and

disease
by letting the air circulate better and giving slugs less places to hide

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Be sure to check for vine weevil too ........just had most of my

strawberry plants wrecked by blasted vine weevil attack in the soil too not
in pots