Old 18-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Best position for a vegetable patch

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
"Kay Easton" wrote in message

Eh? So why in summer is sunset later in scotland compared to SW?

My 'guess' (and I may be completely wrong here) is that if you look at a
map, Scotland is further west than most of England but we are in the same
time zone. The further west you are, the later the sun will set so I'd
expect that if you look at the figures closely, the sunset time in

Scotland
say for Glasgow, would be similar to that for Cornwall and both would be
much later than sunset in Kent.
--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

This site sort of confirms what i thought: http://www.worldtime.com

On the following page it gives sunset and sunrise times for various cities.
Edinburgh, Liverpool and Cardiff have about the same sunset. Coventry and
Newcastle have the same slightly earlier sunset and they're all later than
London. So, it's the east-west that affects the sunset time, and its the
north-south that affects how strong the sunlight is.

http://www.worldtime.com/cgi-bin/wt....2000#count ry

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )