Old 18-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Mike

Default Horticultural Qualifications

Rod I will go along with you 101% on getting some practical experience as
well. During my working life I have been an Instructor. Not in this field of
interest, in telecommunications as it happens, but the Student who came into
the School on a course with the practical experience, shone far more and
progressed far quicker than those with just a 'theoretical' back ground. In
my case, and I would imagine it would/could apply to every field of
learning, when I was talking/demonstrating for example the inside of a
telephone and the alterations which had to be made to suit a particular
application, those 'with' the practical hands on experience, had the cover
off the telephone before those with the theoretical knowledge, could even
find out which screws to undo!!

Later on when I did start up in my own business, I was able to advertise
that I had both the practical and theoretical experience covering 30 odd
years. I stopped working about 4 years ago, but I still get telephone calls
from people wanting work done.

Practical. Practical. Practical.

Scores time and time again.

My two pennyworth for what it is worth!!

Mike