Old 18-03-2004, 01:23 PM
John Rouse

Default Pesticide time is nearly upon us. Which ones will you be using?

In article , Alan Gould
writes
In this area, beekeepers are forewarned of aerial crop spraying where
any substances which may harm bees are to be used. I understand that a
similar arrangement can be introduced in any area where beekeepers
request it, though I don't know how such a request is made.

Under the new regulations, one of the questions on the form the farmer
has to fill in prior to spraying is the name and address of the local
spray liaison officer. Luckily our Beekeeping Association has a very
keen spray liaison officer, though he has not had a lot to do these last
few years, as most farmers are happy to spray in the evening, as there
is usually less wind then.

John
--
John Rouse