Old 18-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Best position for a vegetable patch

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

Eh? So why in summer is sunset later in scotland compared to SW?

My 'guess' (and I may be completely wrong here) is that if you look at a
map, Scotland is further west than most of England but we are in the same
time zone. The further west you are, the later the sun will set so I'd
expect that if you look at the figures closely, the sunset time in Scotland
say for Glasgow, would be similar to that for Cornwall and both would be
much later than sunset in Kent.

You are completely wrong :-)

The far north of Scandinavia is called land of the midnight sun..the
nights hardly get dark at all. In midsummer, Scotland also gets very
short hours of darkness; much shorter than Cornwall.

In midwinter Scandinavian people get very little daylight and Scotland
is pretty dim too..a bare 7 hours. Much darker than Cornwall.
Janet (Scotland)