Old 18-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Kay Easton

Default Best position for a vegetable patch

In article , Martin Sykes
writes
"Kay Easton" wrote in message

Eh? So why in summer is sunset later in scotland compared to SW?

My 'guess' (and I may be completely wrong here) is that if you look at a
map, Scotland is further west than most of England but we are in the same
time zone.

That's why I specified the SW!

The further west you are, the later the sun will set so I'd
expect that if you look at the figures closely, the sunset time in Scotland
say for Glasgow, would be similar to that for Cornwall and both would be
much later than sunset in Kent.

No - Glasgow (or Edinburgh) is later than Cornwall, and in summer they
have longer days than the S of England.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: