Old 18-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Euphorbia mellifera

"Chris Boulby" wrote in message
I grew Euphorbia mellifera from see last year very successfully. By
winter the three plants, planted in a pot, had achieved a height of
about 15 inches. I left it outside all winter. It is now spring and
the plants are very much alive but they look like miniature palm trees,
with long stems and just a few leaves on the tops. Should I just leave
them or cut them down to encourage new growth from below? I plan to put
them in the garden this spring anyway, but not sure whether to leave
them as is or not. TIA for any help,
--
Chris Boulby

I leave mine alone, but they grow from the base like other Euphorbia so
cutting stems will cause growth from the base (You can usually see a cluster
of new stems there)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk