Old 18-03-2004, 01:33 PM
escapee

Default THANKS - AND THANKS FOR NOTHING

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:48:17 GMT, "Stephen M. Henning" opined:

"chaz" wrote:

"Helen J. Foss" wrote:
I put together over 300 packets last fall alone and enjoyed doing
it. The ONLY thing I asked in return was that the recipients of my labors,
notify me when they received the seeds....I don't think that was too much
to ask for.

It isnt FREE if you demand some sort of payment.......and it looks like
you do. Expectation breeds resentment.

Common courtesy is not payment, it is just common courtesy.
The lack of common courtesy breeds resentment.

You are right, on one hand. ON the other hand, it is only ME who can breed
resentment. So, I either detach from it, or I discontinue doing it. Either way,
I'm responsible with how I react.

It seems that, in my perception anyway, people in this great country, the USA
have become almost barbaric. Common decency or common respect is virtually
gone. People do it if it feels good. I have no understanding on any level how
certain people do the things they do. So, I become more and more reclusive and
closer and closer to a very small circle of people.

I really can't take the constant whining and complaining about life. It's too
short and I have joy in my life. I'd like to kee it that way.