Old 18-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Rick

Default Eradicating BBA

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
Good luck, and take pics, document and keep us posted... your
endeavors will save someone from giving up the hobby in years or
days to come...

and therein my friend is the key. Many people have dumped this hobby
because of serious algae problems. You can literally feel the
frustration in Chris's posts and from reading his responses he has
been in the hobby for years. Man since this thread started I've found
myself examining every tank very closely. I have noticed some tufts
on my driftwood and one rock in my big planted tank. They hit the
bleach today.

Rick

Yeah, my 29g that Ive been battling now for 3 months, may just get the big
nuke... I've been leaning away from it... (lazy, too much work, etc) and

really was hoping someone would chime in with more info, but it seems as
though Chris has done his homework and educated us all... When I went
looking for the info, it wasnt' there, or as much as it is now... which is
nice...

I'm like you, I'll be looking a bit more tonite...

--
RedForeman ©® future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!!

it's been an interesting thread with lots of good information. If I was just
noticing the start of an outbreak then I would manually trim off the
affected leaves, check water parameters, make sure I was getting lots of CO2
saturation and try to deal with it without the big nuke but once it gets
rampant in the tank then why fool around. Get rid of it and start over. In
my case I always have lots of filters running and tanks with seasoned gravel
so I don't have to worry about cycling the tank all over again. Chris,
looking back over your posts you gave water conditions with a GH of 6
degrees and CO2 at 25 PPM . I assume if you measured GH that you measured KH
also?

Rick