Old 18-03-2004, 06:32 PM
Paulo

Default Eradicating BBA

"Chris_S" wrote in message
This has been quite a lively discussion. I had no idea when I posted my
question that I was opening pandora's box. Reading some of the other last
posts above is fascinating. I can't help but think about the political

and
social persuasions behind some of these posts.

I really never gave it any thought before that asking a question about
aquariums had social aspects to it, but I see now that the response of a
particular person to such a question is entirely prejudiced by their own
envrionmental point of view.

I am certainly in the camp that believes technology is a good thing and to
be used to the fullest extent. Others are obviously more in the

eco-nature
group that don't like chemicals. I wonder if they go to doctors or refuse
all medicine. In any event, I like living in the modern technology based
society and have no desire to follow the teachings of the Kaczynski
manifesto, or to return to those fun filled times of the middle ages where
they probably had little time for aquariums. But I digress...

I assume if you measured GH that you measured KH also?

I lost my KH test kit sometime ago. The results of GH/FH were never very
interesting. My water is always mild here. Nothing special hard or soft
wise. Tap water is always 7.0 ph here. I don't use the test kits much
anymore. I have a bunch of them, but I can tell what they will say just

by
looking at the tank.

Hey , "looking at the tank" its not very cientific or technological!!! I
guess also you use your "intuition" or inner you....JMHO

Chris.