Old 18-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Susan Gillispie

Default those old houses

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
Ordinarily you can go to the nearest house and find out.  What often
looks abandoned is in reality, not.  My aunt has a huge open field
next to her house and my uncle frequently made plantings all over the place.
More than one person has stopped, gotten out of the car with a big shovel
and tried to remove her crepe myrtle bushes while calling them "neglected".
That attempt is usually stopped with a shotgun, so my advice would be definitely
ask the neighbors.
pArwen Long wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEThis topic has come up a few times before -- I have
been driving past a
brhouse that looks abandoned but has a bit of a garden and want to
brtransplant some flowers. There isn't a construction sign or such: is
there
bra city government office that could tell me who holds the deed to the
brhouse? I think it must have been a foreclosure or bankruptcy or something
brsince I the house hasn't been for sale...
pAny ideas?
pArwen/blockquote
/html