Old 18-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Wayne

Default Kitty Litter Question

"KCnRichmond" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply. I was in Wal-Mart today and bought a 25 pound bag
of
"Special Kitty" cat litter. It is "no scent" and made from 100% ground
clay. I think that this is what I'm looking for and it shouldn't

require
rinsing (?). It was only $1.97 for 25 pounds whereas the Schultz

Aquatic
Soil that I've been buying from Loew's is $6.93 for 10 pounds. Quite a
difference in price if it works. Has anyone else tried this particular

cat
litter before and had any problems with it? Thanks!

Food Lion used to have "Black Kat" unscented, non-clumping, $1.87 for

20#...
I think the water garden industry got in on it, cause they stopped selling
it...lol. Best stuff I ever used with small rock on top like k30p
said....Mostly I use this for lilies..I put marginals in just plain pea
gravel...When planting Hostas, Daylilies, Silver Liriope, Phlox,and

whatever
else I want on my plant shelf, I put the deco rock on top of the soil,

right
in the landscape pot it comes in and soak it good, then submerge in the

pond
about 1/2" over the top of the pot...Those type of plantings work great
until everything else starts getting established, getting a jump on the

ol'
pea soup. What the heck, its a garden right? The fish love to, uh, "play
tag" up in the foliage...

I tried the Special Kitty cat litter last night on a re-potting of some
Pickerel Rush. I'm impressed so far. It worked very good. I'm just
waiting on some water hyacinths and water lettuce to come in at Home Depot
or Lowe's. Other than that, I have more than enough potted plants from last
year. They just keep multiplying and I keep re-potting. My water is still
clear... knock on wood. Good luck!