Old 18-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Marvin Hlavac

Default Eradicating BBA

This has been quite a lively discussion. I had no
idea when I posted my question that I was

Yours was definitely post of the month!

I can't help but think about the political and
social persuasions behind some of these posts.

This is a hobby and many like to practice it in different ways. I wouldn't
say somebody else's method is better or worse if it achieves the same
result. I however, like you Chris, prefer the quicker and less painful way
to my goal. (If I were a female going to give a child birth I wouldn't be a
hero but I would ask for strong pain killers).

Just one question. I know you did try SAE's at one point and they didn't
help. Do you still have them in that affected tank? When I was in a similar
situation I noticed SAE's only being interested in the new algae growth. The
old, long stuff, they would not touch. Some leaves that had a lot of it were
cut. Some plants were bleached. It's been well over a year and no BBA (and
no other algae) problem.

I would not worry about every little spore of algae. If you are willing to
have some SAE's you should be okay.

--
Regards,
Marvin Hlavac