Old 19-03-2004, 12:39 AM
Bobby Baxter

Default Newbie

There are just too many fantastic orchids to choose from.

My favorites are the slipper orchids. Here is a link to an excellent
article about selecting and growing your first Paphiopedilum orchid.

Selecting a source to purchase from leaves you with many excellent choices
as well. There is an Orchid Source Directory on the American Orchid Society
web site (http://orchidweb.org) that is very useful. Of course, the company
that wrote the article I referenced appears to be a wonderful operation.
Next week I will be producing my first orchid video when I film Maryott's
Orchids (http://www.marriottorchids.com/) in North Carolina. Maryott's
specializes in the Paphipedilums and I feel very comfortable purchasing from
them as well. It would be impossible to list all the reliable sources of
orchids.

http://ladyslipper.com/1stpaph.htm

If you have not done so yet, join the American Orchid Society. It will
change your life.

Bobby Baxter
Happy Moose Gardens
http://happymoosegardens.com